What personal information is collected on our Web site and how is it used?
- Information You Directly Provide through this Site We collect personal information directly from you to do all the things typically associated with Web sites. Examples of the information we collect include name, address, phone number, email address, personal preferences, credit card number, purchase and ordering information, demographical information, responses to survey questions and sizing information. This information is collected at various places: for instance, when you check out with your online order; subscribe to catalogs, email offers, and mobile messaging offers; participate in surveys; enter contests or sweepstakes; or interact with special-event or program offers. We may collect information that you provide about people you know. Example; we collect your gift recipient's contact information to process your gift orders. We may also collect contact information about your friends and family members when you participate in one of our refer-a-friend programs. In these instances, we may send a message to your friend or family member on your behalf. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the message from you. We use personally identifying information to do things like:
process your online orders; open an online account at your request; personalize your online experience with content and offers that are tailored to your interests; provide customer service, whether it's responding to a request or following up on an order; include you in surveys and contests; enable you to post your content, such as comments or images; facilitate networks of online social activity centered around our products and services; improve our website, improve the manner in which offers are made on our website, improve purchase decisions of our visitors and the interactions visitors have with our website; enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their sites, viewing their content within our Web environment, or by viewing our content within their Web environment; and market our products and services that may be of interest to you--for instance, we may add you to the Alexibella email list when you make an online purchase or sign up to receive emails; or we may add you to Alexibella print-catalogue list when you make an online purchase.
- Information We Observe or Collect through Technology
- Navigational Information When you visit this Web site, we collect navigational information, such as browser type and version, service-provider identification, IP address, the site from which you came, and the site to which you navigate. Navigational information is largely anonymous in the sense that it doesn't contain your name, address, phone number, email address or other information that directly identifies you. However, we may associate this navigational information with your personal information if you provide it.
- Information Others Observe or Collect through Technology We evaluate and select third-party service providers to help us provide certain features on our site and analyze our visitors' site and purchase preferences. The following provides more information about these service providers. We use analytics companies to better understand your use of our Web sites, and Web capabilities like embeddable widgets. For instance, these third parties may serve surveys to determine satisfaction with the Web site and then tie the responses to actual behavior on the Web site. We also use third parties so that we can evaluate and understand your online and store purchases to provide tailored offers and information to you.
How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other Web sites and what choices do you have?
We contract with third-party advertising companies to deliver tailored online display and banner advertising to you on other Web sites. To serve this advertising, these third-party companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and clear gifs, to obtain information about customer interactions with us through our Web sites and interactions with other Web sites. Once this information is gathered, it helps us select tailored ads for placement on these other Web sites, based on a customer_s combined online and offline (e.g., in-store) shopping history and experience with us.
For information about opt out programs that these third party advertising companies participate in, and the effect of opting out, email us at email@example.com
How does this Web site interact with third-party Web sites and content?
We may enable you to navigate to third-party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content. We do this for your convenience. We don't endorse or generally have any affiliation with these third parties. And we don't control and aren't responsible for their Web practices. It is possible that the third party providing content through our Web site may collect or observe information through its use of technology. Whether the third-party content appears within our Web environment (like a map frame), or you leave our Web site for another site to view it, those service provider's terms, conditions, and privacy policies govern your online experience (unless there's a conspicuously posted statement by us that says otherwise). Please view their terms of service and privacy policies if you have any question about their practices.
What information do we share with third parties and our sister brands (or what information may they access because of the services they provide to us)?
- Contractors We use third-party "back-office" contractors to help handle parts of our business because of their expertise, resources, or scale. They help us do things like fulfill orders, process payments, provide some customer service through chat features, monitor site activity, serve surveys and provide analysis from the surveys when combined with website use, maintain databases, administer and monitor emails, administer and send mobile messages, serve ads on this and other Web sites as described above and provide consulting services. Contractors may also assist us in hosting microsites and mobile Web sites where you may provide personal information about you and others you know.
- Other Marketers We may share your name, postal address, and summary purchase information with other merchants and merchant exchanges. Other merchants may, in turn, use this information to send you offers on their products and services.
- Law Enforcement and Emergency Response We may disclose specific information about our Web-site visitors if we have a good-faith belief that it's necessary or authorized under the law to protect our customers, the public, or our business.
- Sale or Merger In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets, including a brand or line of business, consumer information may be one of the business assets that are transferred in connection with the transaction.
Nothing in this policy restricts our ability to share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
What choices do you have over how your information is used?
- Email You may remove your self from the Alexibella's email list by following the removal instructions located at the bottom of each commercial email. Opting out of any of these emails will not stop operational or transactional messages such as password-reset or account related information from the brand or line of business in question. We may occasionally provide you with the opportunity to opt in to receive email messages from third parties. If you do opt in, we'll share your e-mail address with the specific third party in question. Please review their privacy policies to see how they treat your personal information.
- Mobile Messaging If you've signed up for mobile text messaging offers but later decide you no longer wish to receive these offers, simply follow the opt-out instructions included in the mobile message.
- Postal Mail: Catalogs If you'd like to specify your preferences for our catalogues (including our postal-mail offers), simply follow the instructions on each such catalogue, or dial 1-800-411-5116. To reduce postal mail click here.
- Other Marketers If you don't want your basic contact and purchase information shared with other marketers (other than our affiliates and our contractor/service providers), please click here.
How do we secure your information on our site?
This Web site has the following types of security measures: limited access data-centers, firewall technology, and (for our e-Commerce sites through which you may place orders) secure-socket-layer (SSL) certificate authentication. SSL is encryption technology that provides security for information that's transmitted over the Internet.
While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.